In this class you will learn the techniques to give you the confidence to create a landscape quilt from any of your own photos. Learn how to create landscape elements and what fabrics to use and how to enhance your piece with paint and stitching. The techniques include raw edge applique, kraft-tex elements, painting highlights and shadows to give your piece depth. In this workshop you have a choice between 2 photos to work from to start your landscape journey.
DATE: November 5, 2016
TIME: 10 am to 4 pm
LOCATION: Highlands United Church, 3255 Edgemont Blvd., North Vancouver
Creativity has always been in my life thanks to my Dad. He wanted each of us to realize our own creative path and the joy it would bring into our lives. “All work and no play” was not good for the soul he would say. He instilled the love of nature and to appreciate the beauty around us and I shall always be truly grateful for that.
Who am I you ask?
- Designer of Quilted Escapes Pattern Design, desgining for Northcott Inc. with my patterns being sold across North America and Internationally
- I recently joined Trend-Tex Inc. as their In-house Desginer and Creative Director
- I teach at quilt shops, trade shows and guilds
- Recently opened my new studio where I teach and create fibre art in Maple Ridge, B.C
- Fibre Artist and a member of the Fibre Arts Network
- On the editorial committee of the Quilter’s Connection Magazine
- I’m happily married to my husband of 31 years with 2 beautiful children, 2 beautiful grandchildren. We have 2 dogs and a cat who thinks he’s a dog!
As I spend time out in this glorious province it’s exciting to really look at nature, the sunshine and the shadows, the textures and the colours are just some of what inspires my desgins. I want my fibre art to give the viewer the feeling that they are actually there, that they could walk right into the piece and touch the trees or open the garden gate or get their feet wet down by the water.
My hope is to inspire my students to look at nature with a whole new perspective, and, using what they learn in the classes I offer, create their own masterpieces. In this class you will learn the techniques to give you the confidence to create a landscape quilt from a photo. You have a choice of 2 photos to work from to start your landscape journey.
You must be logged in to post a comment.