Do you love the look of circles in quilts? But are you intimidated by sewing curves? Me too! I use a variety of techniques to create my circle quilts that are simple, easy and effective.
The workshop will cover:
- an easy method to draw a circle any size
- making and using freezer-paper templates
- how to create accurate circles using a freezer paper pattern and flat seam sewing
- circles with raw edges, covered with bias tape, couching or decorative stitching
- circles with turned-under edges, which are topstitched in place
I will teach you to design your own 12 to 18 inch square circle block pattern. Then you will make the blocks using a variety of techniques. The blocks could become a small wall-hanging, a pillow cover, or the start of a larger quilt.
DATE: September 24/16
TIME: 10:00 am to 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: St. Agnes Lutheran Church, 530 East 12th Street, North Vancouver