What is a COPS Day?
COPS = Creative Ongoing Project Session
Finish up those UFOs, start a new project, get help with a project, see what others are working on, and engage in some social quilting! Questions? Contact the Coordinator.
Spring/Summer 2021 COPS Days and Sew-ins
Are you interested… in a Tuesday Sew-In from 2 – 5 on the afternoon of our monthly Guild meeting?
A suggestion was made to have a sew-in via ZOOM on the Tuesday afternoon of our monthly guild meeting, from 2 – 5. If you are interested, please add your name to the list so that we can gauge the interest for such an event.
Our next ZOOM COPS Day is on Saturday, May 15th from 11 am to 4 pm.
Please note there is no charge for attending the ZOOM session. For now, only members may attend (unlike our in-person COPS Days).
When? Saturday, May 15th, 11 am – 4 pm.
Where? The comfort of your own sewing spot!
Bring? Your inspiration, project(s), lunch, snacks and refreshments.
What? Our program is as follows:
11 am – 11.20 pm: Welcome and mini “show and tell”. What will you be working on today?
11.20 am – 12.30 pm: Sewing and chatting!
12.30 – 1 pm: Lunch break (sewing and chatting will continue throughout).
1 pm – 1.20 pm: Quilty Share by a member of a tip, technique or other quilty idea.
Thereafter: More sewing and chatting!
3.45 pm: Mini “show and tell”. What did you make today?
4 pm: End of COPS Day.
How it (normally) works (and will again post-COVID)
- We sew from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on a COPS Day with a break for a potluck lunch.
- Bring everything you need to work on your project.
- Sign up takes place at guild meetings.
- Cost: $15 plus a plate of sweets or savouries to share.
- If fewer than 15 people have signed up by the end of the meeting before the COPS Day, then it will be cancelled.
- If the COPS Day goes ahead, drop-ins will be welcome.
- If you are not able to come to the guild meeting and would like to sign up for a particular COPS Day, you can email the coordinator.
- Non-members are welcome, however, first dibs goes to guild members!
Tables (for sewing, cutting and layering), irons, extension cords, wall space for your design wall, potluck lunch.
Highlands United Church, 3255 Edgemont Blvd, North Vancouver, BC