Summer 2021 COPS Days and Sew-cials
We have Sew-cials via ZOOM on the day of our monthly guild meetings.
These run from 2 to 6 pm and the next one will take place after the summer break. All members are welcome to attend or simply drop in to say hi. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Monthly COPS Days
Our next Saturday COPS Day will take place after the summer. We are assessing the COVID situation in the hope of being able to meet in person later in 2021.
This year we have been holding ZOOM COPS Day once a month. There is no charge for attending the ZOOM sessions. For now, only members may attend (unlike our in-person COPS Days). However, if you’re a member and would like to invite a friend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When? To be announced.
Where? The comfort of your own sewing spot!
Bring? Your inspiration, project(s), lunch, snacks and refreshments.
What? Our program is as follows:
11 am – 11.20 pm: Welcome and mini “show and tell”. What will you be working on today?
11.20 am – 12.30 pm: Sewing and chatting!
12.30 – 1 pm: Lunch break (sewing and chatting will continue throughout).
1 pm – 1.20 pm: Quilty Share by a member of a tip, technique or other quilty idea.
Thereafter: More sewing and chatting!
3.45 pm: Mini “show and tell”. What did you make today?
4 pm: End of COPS Day.
What is a COPS Day?
COPS = Creative Ongoing Project Session
Finish up those UFOs, start a new project, get help with a project, see what others are working on, and engage in some social quilting! Questions? Contact the Coordinator.
How it (normally) works (and will again post-COVID)
- We sew from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on a COPS Day with a break for a potluck lunch.
- Bring everything you need to work on your project.
- Sign up takes place at guild meetings.
- Cost: $15 plus a plate of sweets or savouries to share.
- If fewer than 15 people have signed up by the end of the meeting before the COPS Day, then it will be cancelled.
- If the COPS Day goes ahead, drop-ins will be welcome.
- If you are not able to come to the guild meeting and would like to sign up for a particular COPS Day, you can email the coordinator.
- Non-members are welcome, however, first dibs goes to guild members!
Tables (for sewing, cutting and layering), irons, extension cords, wall space for your design wall, potluck lunch.
Highlands United Church, 3255 Edgemont Blvd, North Vancouver, BC