What is a COPS Day?
COPS = Creative Ongoing Project Session
Finish up those UFOs, start a new project, get help with a project, see what others are working on, and engage in some social quilting! Questions? Contact the Coordinator.
2022 Winter COPS Days (via Zoom)
We are assessing the COVID situation in the hope of being able to meet in person when the pandemic allows. There is no charge for attending the Zoom sessions. For now, only members may register to attend (unlike our in-person COPS Days). However, if you’re a member and would like to invite a friend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An information/registration email will be sent out around 10 – 14 days before each COPS Day and the Zoom link will be sent to those who have signed up a day or two beforehand. If you do not receive the link, please check your junk folder before contacting the COPS Coordinator.
Upcoming COPS Days
Saturday, Feb. 12 from noon to 4-ish
In February, in our “1 o’clock something” slot, Daryl Aitken, owner of the fabulous Fabric Spark will take us on a tour of her store on the Danforth in Toronto. She’ll also have a special surprise for those who attend! If you’d only like to drop in for the tour, please be sure to tick that box when you sign up. Please sign up by Thursday, Feb. 10th.
Saturday, Mar. 12
Our March “1 o’clock something” will feature guild member Margaret who will demo a little make from a charm square, by request. Guild members can expect an email with registration details at the beginning of March.
Next Sew-cial: Tuesday, Jan. 25 from 2 – 5-ish
We have Sew-cials via ZOOM on the afternoon of our monthly guild meetings. All members are welcome to attend or simply drop in to say hi. These Zoom sessions will continue for the foreseeable future, even when we are meeting in person again. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
How COPS Days (normally) work… and will again post-COVID!
- We sew from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on a COPS Day with a break for a potluck lunch.
- Bring everything you need to work on your project.
- Sign up takes place at guild meetings or by email.
- Cost: $15 plus a plate of sweets or savouries to share.
- If fewer than 15 people have signed up by the end of the meeting before the COPS Day, then it will be cancelled.
- If the COPS Day goes ahead, drop-ins will be welcome.
- If you are not able to come to the guild meeting and would like to sign up for a particular COPS Day, you can email the coordinator.
- Non-members are welcome, however, first dibs goes to guild members!
Tables (for sewing, cutting and layering), irons, extension cords, wall space for your design wall, potluck lunch.
Highlands United Church, 3255 Edgemont Blvd, North Vancouver, BC