Welcome to our Guild’s online home!
We’re a busy, active bunch of quilters, sewists and makers, and our Guild normally offers workshops, COPS (sewing) days and a whole heap of lovely member benefits! During the COVID-19 restrictions, however, our offerings are restricted or modified to online offerings. Be sure to check our calendar for all event details and dates. To join our Guild, contact our Membership Coordinator
Remember to renew your membership by February 28, 2021 for the 2021/22 membership year. Cost to renew, or join if you’re a new member, is $60. Membership year is March 1, 2021 to February 28, 2022.
Renewing your membership has never been easier. Here are the options:
Choose your form:
- Renew membership by completing online HERE You can send membership fee via cheque or e-transfer
- OR you can fill out the PDF, print and mail the form with payment via cheque
- OR you can fill out the PDF, print and e-mail the form to the Membership Coordinator and send membership fee via e-transfer
Choose your payment method:
- Send cheque via regular postage mail to:
LGQG C/O Membership
PO Box 54194 Lonsdale West PO
North Vancouver, BC V7M 3L5
- Send an e-transfer using your online banking account to: email@example.com. Remember to add your full name in the notes so we know whose membership to apply the fees to.
Next Guild Meeting and Annual General Meeting
- Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- 7:00 pm via ZOOM
- Invitations to the meeting will be sent by email to members in good standing.
- Guests are welcome to join; first visit is no charge. Email the Membership Coordinator to request a meeting invitation
- Program guest: TBA
Please send pictures for the Show & Tell directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2021.
“Slab” technique for using up your scraps by Cheryl Arkison
- Saturday, June 5, 2021 – 10 am-1 pm
Landscape Quilt (Virtual) Workshop by Rachel Derstine
- April 11, 2021 – 9:30 am-4:00 pm
- Keep calm and keep quilting
- Email Brenda Sangster or Linda Heese for batting, backing or pick ups.
Canadian Quilters’ Association Update
November 16, 2020
Hello CQA/ACC Members,
Due to the continued world pandemic and its affect on our Association, I have been asked by the CQA/ACC Board of Directors to send this message to all members.
First, due to the cost of the yearly audit by Baker Tilley, the Board has made the decision to hire Salman Idris of Chamber Fraser to carry out the financial audit for 2020 at a substantial savings to the Association.
Second, due to health and safety concerns surrounding the global pandemic, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person Quilt Canada 2021 in Toronto. We are currently looking into an alternative virtual event for 2021. We will keep you up to date, through e-newsletters, our website and social media, as our plans develop.
Keep on quilting and stay safe,
CQA/ACC Executive Director