Welcome to our Guild’s online home!
We’re a busy, active bunch of quilters, sewists and makers, and our Guild normally offers workshops, COPS (sewing) days and a whole heap of lovely member benefits! During the COVID-19 restrictions, however, our offerings are restricted or modified to online offerings. Be sure to check our calendar for all event details and dates. To join our Guild, contact our Membership Coordinator. Fill out the membership form here.
October 2020 – The Guild’s executive has made the decision to hold online meetings via ZOOM until March 2021. Having made the decision, we can now book presenters and instructors for our fall and winter meetings. Meanwhile, we are looking into ways to provide support to Community Quilts in distributing supplies and receiving finished quilts. The upside of online meetings is that we can include presenters from further away because we won’t need to cover travel costs.
Next Guild Meeting
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021
- 7:00 pm via ZOOM
- Invitations to the meeting have been sent by email to membership for the meeting.
Please send pictures for the Show & Tell directly to email@example.com by January 23, 2021.
- Date: January 23, 2021
- Time: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Visit the Workshop’s page for full class details. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- OPTION 1: A Zoom sew-in with fellow guild members including a fun Sewing Room Scavenger Hunt with awesome PRIZES! Work on any project you like.
- Cost*: $10 (register by sending a $10 e-transfer to Krista’s personal email address (no link provided to Krista’s email address here to prevent web trolls))
OPTION 2: Alphabet Spiral Quilt Workshop with Katherine Morgan.
Cost**: $35 (register by sending a $35 e-transfer to Krista’s personal email address to receive your pattern and supply list (no link provided Krista’s email address to prevent web trolls))
Colleen Bell, Quilt Show Coordinator, provided an update during the October 2020 meeting. Given current COVID restrictions for venue bookings and the provincial government guidelines about large gatherings, the Quilt Show committee has decided there is no choice but to cancel the show. Once there is more certainty about venue booking options and group gatherings, a new quilt show can begin to be organized.
- CURRENTLY POSTPONED to 2021
- Keep calm and keep quilting
- Don’t worry about picking up kits or supplies, or dropping quilts off at this time.
Canadian Quilters’ Association Update
November 16, 2020
Hello CQA/ACC Members,
Due to the continued world pandemic and its affect on our Association, I have been asked by the CQA/ACC Board of Directors to send this message to all members.
First, due to the cost of the yearly audit by Baker Tilley, the Board has made the decision to hire Salman Idris of Chamber Fraser to carry out the financial audit for 2020 at a substantial savings to the Association.
Second, due to health and safety concerns surrounding the global pandemic, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person Quilt Canada 2021 in Toronto. We are currently looking into an alternative virtual event for 2021. We will keep you up to date, through e-newsletters, our website and social media, as our plans develop.
Keep on quilting and stay safe,
CQA/ACC Executive Director