Happy Easter, quilters! We are still exploring new ideas for our workshops going forward, but for the moment we have Barb Mortell’s wonderful two-day workshop to fill! We are more than half way there with registrations, so we are hoping that this April guild meeting will have more sign-ups and reach break-even point at least.
I know I am so excited to be doing my first ever “improvisation” quilt. Wow! After year and years of measure twice, cut once, I wonder if I can break that habit and learn something completely new?
Please join us for this wonderful opportunity. Several people asked me at last month’s meeting for a supply list, and so I am including it below, along with another photo that Barb sent us. Now if “black and tan” are not your colours, don’t worry – the possibilities are endless! We will be using solid colours only, so pick your favourites and imagine!
Modernized & Totally Improvisational Log Cabin – A Two day class –
Place: St. Agnes Church, 530 East 12th Street, North Vancouver, BC
Dates: Friday and Saturday, May 26 and 27; 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Cost: $90.00 for two days
(NOTE: The church has a locked room available to keep your machines and supplies overnight on the Friday, if desired)
- solid coloured good quality cotton, such as Pima cotton or Kona cotton.
- 2 – 4 yards black (or very dark value colours) cotton
- 2 -4 yards white (or very light value colours) cotton
- 1 yard pieces of solid coloured cottons. Bring one colour, or grey, or many choices, it is up to you. Design a nice colour scheme that you like with black and white and we’ll go from there. Solid colours, no prints.
- Sewing machine
- Large cutting mat
- Rotary cutter
- You noticed that I have not mentioned rulers 🙂
- Flannel for design wall
- Tape to adhere design wall
We look forward to seeing you at Guild. Please come and see us at the workshop sign-up table!
Susan and Helen, Workshop Coodinators