We are just over a month away from show opening so this newsletter has a lot of information in it. This is going to be a great show and I look forward to seeing you there!
Dianne Ritter, Quilt Show Coordinator
Quilt Drop Off
- Drop off begins at 6PM on Wednesday June 11th.
- You will receive a receipt for your quilt. KEEP IT. You will not be able to retrieve your quilt without it. If someone else will be picking your quilt up for you make sure they have the receipts.
- Raffle Ticket Stubs, Boutique Items, Pin Cushion Challenge and items for Education will not be accepted at the quilt drop off area. They will have separate areas to accept items.
- Remember you must have a sleeve properly affixed to the back of your quilt.
- You do not have to have a label on your quilt but you must have your name and phone number on the sleeve.
- If you have to withdraw your quilt please let us know ASAP.
- Once you have dropped off your quilts please exit the Sportsplex unless you are working on set up.
Working at the Show
- If you haven’t already volunteered for the show please contact Vicki. REMEMBER for every two hour shift that you volunteer for your name is entered into a draw for prizes. Names will be drawn at the June meeting. You must be in attendance at the meeting to be eligible.
- Please arrive at the volunteer table before your shift is set to begin to allow for check in time.
- If you have an emergency and are unable to make your shift please let Vicki know as soon as you can so she can arrange coverage.
- Please dress appropriately. Dressy casual is appropriate. Sweat pants, yoga gear, shorts are not.
- Remember to smile. It helps to make our guests feel welcome.
- If you have any questions about your responsibilities for a given shift please talk to Vicki.
- Remember that each item must have a tag with your name/code and price on it.
- You must come and collect any unsold items between 6 and 6:30 on the 14th.
Quilt Pick UP
- Pick up will begin at 6PM on Saturday the 14th. We have to exit the facility by 7 PM. Be sure to arrive well before 7 to collect your quilts.
- YOU MUST HAVE YOUR RECEIPT/s!
Publicity: Linda Heese
Posters and Bookmarks: Thanks to everyone who has taken posters to display at various libraries, recreation centres, church halls, stores, work bulletin boards, etc. This should really help to make people aware of our show. I recommend getting the posters up about June 1 – enough time for people to see them but not too soon that they forget about the show or that the posters get taken down before June 14. The posters and bookmarks will be available at the May meeting – please distribute widely.
Lawn Signs: These will be available at the May meeting. Please find any frames you have so they can be reused. The municipalities allow us to post signs from June 3 to June 15.
On private property I would think that starting June 1 would be reasonable and gives us about two weeks before the show.
E-mails: I am sending an e-mail with our poster and list of merchants to all our merchants, to other guilds and to all our members asking everyone to forward to as many people as possible.
Education: Karen Munro
If you have a particular talent that you would like to share with our guests please let Vicki know that you want to volunteer in the education area.
Merchant Mall: Jo Ann Lee
Well quilters, we have and amazing merchant mall this year. We have 17 vendors coming to us from all over BC. Many of our vendors do accept pre-orders of their goods. If you are in need of a specific item from one of our vendors and do not want to be disappointed that that item is not at the merchant mall, you can pre-order it. It will be packaged and ready for you to pick up at the quilt show. Check out the merchants websites and contact them with your requests.
North Vancouver BC 604-982-0088
Di-Versity Quilting Supplies
Pritchard BC 250-577-3494 Fax 250-577-3499
Vancouver BC 604-315-1044