Preparations for our 2018 Quilt Show are in full swing so if you haven’t already been planning your entries it is time to start!
- Our show will be held at the Capilano University Sportsplex on June 8th and 9th.
- Quilt drop off will be June 8th
- Registration will begin in January.
- You must be a member in good standing as of the close of the Guild AGM February 26th 2018 to be eligible enter a quilt in the 2018 show.
- To be eligible your quilt cannot have been hung in a public arena (store, show, display) in the lower mainland between June 1 2017 and the date of our show.
- Each member is eligible to hang 3 quilts – ONE of which may be extra-large. As in the past extra-large quilts are hung on a “space available” basis and first registered are first eligible.
This show we are using technology to help with registration. JoAnn will be talking to us at our next meeting about using Google Forms via our website to register quilts. The process will be extensively tested prior to launching it so that we are confident that it is easy to use. This technology will make the registration process easier for members and volunteers alike. More information will be provided as we move forward.
There is a vacant spot on our committee that must be filled. Vicki Digby has moved to the island so isn’t able to carry on as Volunteer coordinator. Katherine Gillis has been Vicki’s right hand for this position for a number of shows and has agreed to assist the new coordinator. If you have reasonable computer and organizational skills please consider volunteering for this position. We cannot mount a show without volunteers.
I and everyone on my committee are looking forward to seeing your quilts hanging in all of their glory next June!