Do you love the quilt show? How about the guest speakers? Show and Tell? Workshops? Community quilts? Refreshments at the meetings?
All of these happen through the efforts of our volunteers, and once a year, we look for some new blood to take on the work of the guild. February is election month, but it’s never too early to start thinking about how you might contribute over the coming year.
The following elected positions are up for grabs:
- President: manages the guild; prepares agendas for, and chairs, general and directors’ meetings; receives communications from members and the public; prepares a report for each newsletter issue
- Secretary: keeps minutes of all meetings; prepares correspondence & notices as requested by directors
- Workshop Co-ordinator: arranges workshop instructors, venues, and schedules; announces workshops; collects & reconciles fees and submits to Treasurer
- Membership Co-ordinator: collects dues; provides information to new members; maintains membership list
- Member-at-Large (one of two): presents quilts at Show & Tell; sells 50/50 tickets; sends cards to members to comfort, console, or celebrate
If you would like to run for one of these positions, or if you’d like to nominate someone, please contact Joan Elliott or Terri Gerath (contact information is on the membership list).