We are delighted to welcome Anita Jamieson this month. Anita has spent time in Japan learning indigo dyeing, stencilling and other techniques that apply to us as quilters. She has been quilting for over 30 years, preferring working on traditional style pieced quilts or appliqué. As well, Anita is a weaver, spins wool, cotton, and silk and knits voraciously.
Bibliography for her presentation:
- Japanese Textile Workshops by Bryan Whitehead
- Maiwa on Granville Island (look for Supply Store -> Japanese Technique)
- Katazome (stencilling) supplies – John Marshall
- Shibori: The inventive Art of Japanese Shaped Resist Dyeing
Available through Amazon.ca. Excellent book.
- How to dye with indigo – see Maiwa and Botanical Colors (based on the indigo 1-2-3 vat – suitable for beginners)
Coming in February: Sing a Song of Quilting with Canadian quilter and folksinger Cathy Miller