What is a COPS Day?
COPS = Creative Ongoing Project Session
Finish up those UFOs, start a new project, get help with a project, see what others are working on, and engage in some very social quilting! Questions? Contact the Coordinator.
There is no charge for attending the Zoom sessions. For now, only members may register to attend (unlike our in-person COPS Days). However, if you’re a member and would like to invite a friend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An information/registration email will be sent out around 10 – 14 days before each COPS Day and the Zoom link will be sent to those who have signed up a day or two beforehand. If you do not receive the link, please check your junk folder before contacting the COPS Coordinator.
2022 Spring/Summer COPS Days
June COPS Day: Saturday, June 18th from NOON to 4-ish via Zoom
Stay tuned for details!
Summer COPS Day from 9am to 5-ish on July 23rd in Lions Bay IN PERSON!
As this is our first IN PERSON gathering (woohoo!) since COVID began, priority will be given to members of our guild, but if you’d like to invite a friend to this special COPS Day, please contact email@example.com and I’ll put them on the wait list. The cost as always will be $15 and payment will likely be required in advance.
- Bring everything you need to work on your project
- Your lunch, snacks, water, mug (whatever you prefer) – sadly, no potluck yet
- Provided: Tables (for sewing, cutting and layering), chairs, irons, extension cords, wall space for your design wall (please bring painters’ tape), tea and coffee.
If you’ve never been there, the hall in Lions Bay has big windows with wonderful light and a lovely view. There’s usually a breeze to keep us cool, but if there’s a heat dome the event will be cancelled! There’s a ramp, which is easier than stairs for offloading. The patio outside has a couple of picnic tables and we can use the kitchen for tea/coffee and our traditional potluck lunch (PHO permitting). If you prefer to bring your own lunch, please do.
You’ll receive detailed info well before the day, so look out for an email or two!
PLEASE NOTE: We will follow whatever COVID protocols have been put in place by the guild executive at that time as well as PHO. If Public Health Orders change, we may have to reconsider or rethink how we arrange the day.
Recent COPS Days
May COPS Day: Our “1 o’clock something” again featured a mini tute from Carolann, this time it was the Zippy Wallet (a free Noodlehead tutorial).
April COPS Day: In April, guild member Carolann showed us how to make a Snap Bag using pieces of metal tape measures for the open/close mechanism! An addictive make! Thanks, Carolann!
March COPS Day: Our March “1 o’clock something” featured guild member Margaret who demo’ed how to make a little crane ornament from a 5 1/2″ fabric square, some ribbon and a little stuffing. It was a fun session, thank you Margaret!
February COPS Day: For the “1 o’clock something” in our February 12 session, Daryl Aitken, owner of the fabulous Fabric Spark took us on a fabulous tour of her store on the Danforth in Toronto, and gave attendees a discount for anything ordered that weekend. Many thanks, Daryl!
Next Sew-cial: Tuesday, May. 24th from 2 to 5-ish
We have Sew-cials via ZOOM on the afternoon of our monthly guild meetings. All members are welcome to attend or simply drop in to say hi. These Zoom sessions will continue for the foreseeable future, even when we are meeting in person again. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How COPS Days (normally) work… and will again post-COVID!
- We sew from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on a COPS Day with a break for a potluck lunch.
- Bring everything you need to work on your project.
- Sign up takes place at guild meetings or by email.
- Cost: $15 plus a plate of sweets or savouries to share.
- If fewer than 15 people have signed up by the end of the meeting before the COPS Day, then it will be cancelled.
- If the COPS Day goes ahead, drop-ins will be welcome.
- If you are not able to come to the guild meeting and would like to sign up for a particular COPS Day, you can email the coordinator.
- Non-members are welcome, however, first dibs goes to guild members!
Tables (for sewing, cutting and layering), irons, extension cords, wall space for your design wall, potluck lunch.
Highlands United Church, 3255 Edgemont Blvd, North Vancouver, BC